SAN DIEGO – The San Diego Seals dance team is looking for talented and passionate dancers for its inaugural season. This is YOUR opportunity to be part of a professional sports team and dance for the city’s premier squad. Auditions will be held on Saturday, August 18. Registration will open at 8:30 a.m. Auditions will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m.
How do I register for auditions?
Register for auditions here.
What are we looking for in a San Diego Seals dance team member?
- Technically talented dancer & entertainer
- Ambassador for the Seals organization
- Positive and energetic, with a great personality
- Physically fit
- Team player
- Must be 18 years of age by August 18, 2018
What commitment is required to be a San Diego Seals dance team member?
- Attend and perform at all home games
- Attend two rehearsals per week. Additional rehearsals may be scheduled during the season for games, appearances, dance clinics, special events and playoffs.
- Available for personal appearances for:
- Media interviews
- Photo shoots
- Dance clinics
- Community outreach
- Upon making the team, all members must be available the evening of August 22 for mandatory orientation
What is the San Diego Seals dance team audition process?
Auditions for the 2018-19 team are a multi-step process. The process includes, but is not limited to:
- Application submission
- Dance audition
- Background check
Where will the auditions be conducted?
3500 Sports Arena Blvd, San Diego, CA 92110
*Auditions are closed to the public
What should I wear to auditions?
- Two-piece attire (half top with briefs or boy-cut shorts)
- Skin-tone nylons
- Non-marking shoes (jazz shoes are recommended; non-marking dance sneakers or athletic shoes are also okay)
- Hair must be worn down; full hair and make-up strongly encouraged
- Minimal jewelry
What should I bring to auditions?
- Head shot & full shot (non-returnable), 5×7 or larger, taken within the last 12 months
- Plenty of water and snacks
- Hair and makeup supplies
- Jacket and sweats to wear during breaks
What can I do to prepare for auditions?
The San Diego Seals will offer a pre-audition workshop. While participation in the workshop isn’t mandatory, it’s strongly encouraged as an excellent way to hone your dance skills and learn what it takes to be a member of the team. The workshop will be held on August 11 at The Facility Dance Studio in Pacific Beach. More details and registration for the pre-audition workshop here.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.